Marriott's Canyon Villas Timeshare Presentation Offer
Look at me, I get back from one timeshare presentation offer only to be offered one from the competition. After our very successful experience last go around I am curious if we can repeat it with Marriott's Canyon Villas timeshare presentation offer. It doesn't offer as much value in terms of points etc. as the recent Hilton one did, but the property looks a lot nicer. Let's take a look at this offer's details.
**All photos in this article are courtesy of Marriott's Canyon Villas
Marriott Vacation Club Timeshare Presentation Offer Details
Email Subject: Mark, you deserve an exclusive vacation
Here are the details of Marriott's Canyon Villas timeshare presentation offer:
- A 4 day, 3 night stay at Marriott's Canyon Villas from $199 plus tax
- Your guestroom at Marriott’s Canyon Villas sleeps up to 4 guests at a package price of $199 ($1,170 average retail value) for stays 4/16–9/30, or $399 ($1,962 average retail value) for all other dates.
- Stays that occur during any portion of a holiday or special event period are extremely limited and include a $149 surcharge. This includes but is not limited to days associated with: Presidents Day, Easter, Spring Break, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s.
- Reserve by October 25, 2023 and receive your choice of 10,000 Marriott Bonvoy® Points OR a $50 Marriott® Gift Card.
It looks like I am able to upgrade into a 1 bedroom villa for $348 per stay or a 2 bedroom villa for $498 per stay.
Offer Terms / Rules
Here are some notable terms / rules for the offer:
- Must be a U.S. resident with an annual household income of $100,000 or more. One offer per household. The following are not eligible for this offer: Participants in a Marriott Vacation Club®, Sheraton® Vacation Club, or Westin® Vacation Club promotion within the past year or with an active vacation package; employees and immediate family of Sponsor or its affiliated companies; and residents of HI and ME.
- Attendance at the sales presentation, lasting approximately 90 minutes, is required. Failure to attend the sales presentation will result in the charge of the actual retail value of the accommodations.
- If married, cohabitating, or in a life partnership, both parties must attend together to receive this special offer. Individuals may purchase separately. Transportation to and from the presentation is not provided.
- Travel must be completed within 12 months of package purchase.
- Once your reservation is confirmed, you have 1 complimentary reschedule within 3 days of booking your travel dates.
- You may request changes up to 30 days prior to check-in date with a $75 nonrefundable change fee.
- Rescheduling is not allowed within 30 days of check-in date.
- Cancellations must be made in writing within 15 days of package purchase for a refund, which will be issued within 15 days of receipt of cancellation.
Here is the phone number (844-769-2591) in case you want to call and see if you can get on the list.
Determining The Value Of This Package
This Marriott Vacation Club package is more like the ones I have received from Hyatt versus the Hilton Grand Vacations offers. That is because it is property specific instead of giving you some options to choose from. That means a lot of the value will rest on which property you are linked to. If they only give you one option, and it isn't somewhere you wanted to go anyway, that can hurt the value you are potentially getting.
Value Of The Room
The value of Marriott's Canyon Villas timeshare presentation offer really hinges on how much you get from the stay. That is because the bonus points / gift card option isn't much at all, but more on that next.
After a few searches it seems like each package price is around the cost of one night for the guest room for each of the villas and about 25% the total cost of the room for the guest room. So if I wanted to go for maximum value the standard hotel room would be the play.
My wife said she would do another presentation if it was for a two bedroom condo, so that is out. For the two bedroom it is in the $1500 – $2000 range for 3 nights on the dates I searched. That is a value of $1000 – $1500.
Value Of The Points
The value of the 10,000 Bonvoy points are worth around $60 to me, at a valuation of $0.006 each. That is better than the $50 gift card but I might still lean that way since I don't actively collect / use Marriott Bonvoy points. Those 10K in points could get stranded in my account a long time if I go that route. Either way, this bonus gift doesn't move the needle much on accepting the offer or not.
Marriott's Canyon Villas Timeshare Presentation Offer: ToP Thoughts
While I wish the points / bonus gift portion of this offer was higher, the real value lies in the 3 night stay. The property does look nice, getting 4.5 stars in reviews, and it is in a state my kids have never been. I am leaning towards pulling the trigger if I can find flights that make sense in May or June. If not, then this doesn't offer me enough value to force it.
What do you think about Marriott's Canyon Villas timeshare presentation offer? Is it worth going after? Let me know over in the ToP Facebook Group.