Hilton Diamond Extension
There is a Hilton Diamond extension being offered to certain members. You do need to jump through a few hoops, and qualify to do it though. Hilton will not be proactively giving you the extension. Even if it feels like that is all they have done since 2020 though. My wife still has Diamond status from a Hilton Aspire Card she closed in April of 2020. Nuts! Let's get into this Hilton Honors status extension details.
How To Ask For A Hilton Diamond Extension
Here is how you go about a Hilton Diamond extension for your status in 2024.
You need to meet the following criteria:
- Your current Hilton Diamond status expires by 3/31/24
- You've had Hilton Diamond status for a minimum of 3 years
- They do not have to be consecutive years
- You have at least 250 nights, or 500,000 base points earned since joining Hilton Honors
- These could be paid night or award night stays
If you meet this criteria you can request your extension now. If you are eligible they will extend your Diamond status through March 31, 2025.
Here are some notable terms:
- Qualifying Hilton Honors Members may enact this benefit once throughout the lifetime of their membership.
- The year during which a Hilton Honors member used a status match to achieve Diamond Status will not count as one of the three years of Diamond status required to meet the criteria.
- If a Member elects to use this offer, their Diamond status will extend for an additional year beyond when it would have otherwise expired.
- Once a Member elects to use this one-time offer and the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
How Do You Check Your Hilton Honors Lifetime Progress?
Sadly, Hilton Honors is stuck in the 1980's on checking your Hilton Honors lifetime stats, just like their out of date free night certificates. You will need to email them at HiltonHonors@hilton.com and ask them to share your lifetime stats with you. Why? No one knows. This should be easily accessible on your online account or Hilton Honors app. They should respond within a few days so you know if you meet the criteria listed above before applying for a Hilton Diamond extension.
Other Ways To Earn Diamond or Gold Status
If you don't qualify for this Hilton Diamond extension, or don't have Hilton Honors status at all, they make it pretty easy to get. That is because multiple Hilton Honors earning credit cards, and others, offer meaningful Hilton status:
- Hilton Surpass – Gold Status
- Hilton Business – Gold Status
- The Platinum Card – Gold Status (need to activate the perk)
- The Business Platinum Card – Gold Status (need to activate the perk)
- Hilton Aspire Card – Diamond Status
To be honest, Hilton Honors Gold status is good enough for most and is not noticeably different from Diamond status. At least not domestically. You may feel a difference when overseas though.
Hilton Diamond Extension: ToP Thoughts
This Hilton Diamond extension could be a nice bump if you just happened to have a down year and were sad to be losing your Hilton Honors status in 2024. Remember that you can only take advantage of this extension once in your lifetime, so only do it if you have enough Hilton stays upcoming to be worth it. Otherwise, it may be better to just grab a credit card that offers Gold status. The Business Platinum Card or Hilton Business card would not add to your 5/24 count either.