The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card Review
If you are looking for a business card, and you can use Hilton Honors points, then the The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card may be a great fit. This card rewards high-spending Hilton loyalists and can help you score some free nights at Hilton properties. In our The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card review we will go over the welcome offer, earning structure, card benefits and share our overall thoughts.
All information about The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has been collected independently by Travel-on-Point(s).
Update 7/20/23: Updated with new offer
Hilton Business Card Current Welcome Offer
Here are the details on the current offer for the Hilton Honors American Express Business card:
- Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card within the first three months of Card Membership. Terms Apply.
- The card has a $95 annual fee which is NOT waived. (Rates & Fees)
- LEARN MORE
Card Earning Rates
The Hilton Business card comes with the following earning rates:
- Earn 12x bonus points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your card (directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio)
- Earn 6x at:
- US gas stations
- US purchases for shipping
- Wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers
- Flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel
- Car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
- US restaurants
- 3x for all other eligible purchases
The Hilton Business card offers benefits that will likely appeal to Hilton loyalists. These benefits consist of:
- Complimentary Gold Status
- Diamond status with $40,000 in spend in a calendar year
- One Free Night Reward after spending $15,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year.
- Earn another free Free Night Reward after spending $45,000 in purchases on your card in the same calendar year
- Ten complimentary Priority Pass Lounge visits
- No Foreign Transaction Fee (Rates & Fees)
Free Night Rewards can be redeemed at any category property as long as there is a standard award night available. You have to call in to book them (1-800-446-6677) or do it via direct message on Twitter. There are a few properties excluded from redemption as well. There are still plenty of amazing redemption options though, like the Waldorf Astoria Cabo.
We at ToP value Hilton Honors points at about .5 cents each (though you can get much more value out of them). The card offers a pretty decent earning structure with a few valuable bonus earning categories. When you pair that up with the ability to earn a Free Night Certificate after spending $15,000 within a calendar year and the returns on your spend are near the top in the space.
The Hilton Business gives you Hilton Gold status which comes with a few decent perks, assuming you don't have Hilton Gold elite status from another card like The Platinum Card® From American Express. Hilton Gold status is probably the best mid tier hotel status out there and it can get you up to $25 in property credit per person, for up to two people per day of your stay. With Gold status you will likely get a room with a better view type of upgrade, at least domestically. The property credits should more than cover the annual fee after just a few stays every year.
If you get the card, and complete the minimum spend, we think it is worth spending the extra money to ensure you unlock the free night certificate. By completing that spend you would have an additional 35,000 – 70,000 Hilton Honors points, plus a free night certificate worth up to 120,000 points for a future stay. To us, that is simply too much value to pass up. If you are trying to decide if this card is for you please be sure to factor in this additional spend to maximize the offer's value.
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card Review: ToP Thoughts
The Hilton Business card offers you a large welcome offer, a decent set of card perks, a rewarding earning structure and a chance to earn a free night certificate each and every year. We think that makes this card worth getting for Hilton Hotels loyalists. That is especially true since the card is a business card and does not count towards Chase 5/24 status. That makes this a worthwhile option whether you are under, over or trying to get back under Chase 5/24.
For rates and fees of the Hilton Business Card please visit here