If you are looking for a business card and Hilton stays are in your future, the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card may be a great fit. This card rewards high-spending Hilton loyalists and can help you score some free nights at Hilton properties.
With the current limited time offer, you can earn 130,000 Hilton Honors points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months of card membership. Plus you can earn a Free Night Reward after you spend $10,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card in the first 6 months of Card Membership. The card has a $95 annual fee.
The Hilton Business card earns bonus points per dollar on each of the following categories:
- 12x bonus points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your card (directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio)
- 6x at:
- US gas stations
- US purchases for shipping
- Wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers
- Flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel
- Car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
- US restaurants
- 3x for all other eligible purchases
The Hilton Business card offers benefits that will likely appeal to Hilton loyalists. These benefits consist of:
- Complimentary Gold Status
- Diamond status with $40,000 in spend in a calendar year
- One Free Night Reward after spending $15,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year.
- Earn another free Free Night Reward after spending $45,000 in purchases on your card in the same calendar year
- Ten complimentary Priority Pass Lounge visits
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
Free Night Rewards can be redeemed for a standard award night.
We at ToP value Hilton Honors points at about .5 cents each (though you can get much more value out of them). This makes the 130,000 portions of the sign-up bonus worth at least $650. The free night certificate, if earned can be used for a standard award night at amazing resorts like the Waldorf Astoria Cabo which we reviewed last year.
The Hiltons status perks are less valuable. Gold status is generally not very helpful to have. Also, you can receive Hilton Gold status by holding the Amex Platinum or the Amex Platinum Business cards. Also, if Hilton's elite status is a priority, you are typically better off opening the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, which offers complimentary Diamond status. However, with the ability to stay under 5/24, plus being able to earn two free night certificates total with just $15,000 in spend, this card can be a must-have currently for Hilton loyalists.
Many sought-after premium Hilton properties will cost 90-120,000 for a standard award night. With a total of $15,000 in spend, you would earn 45,000 Hilton Honors points at a minimum (3x earning). This means you could earn yourself the two certificates and enough points for at least two additional nights at a premium Hilton property.
The Hilton Business card offers don't come with a lot of perks or benefits. But the solid sign-up bonus coupled with the ability to earn multiple Free Night Rewards gives you a great opportunity. Like other Amex business cards, this card does not add to your 5/24.