150K Amex Platinum Offer
A few weeks back I shared in on how to get the better 90K Amex Gold offer. Now I wanted to do the same thing for the massive 150K Amex Platinum offer. Because at ToP we always want to try to share the best deals and offers with you whenever we can. It is important to us that you get the best deal possible during your miles and points journey. While the public, and affiliate link, offer is for just 80,000 Membership Rewards points we harvested some reader's personal referral links for the better 150,000 point offer. I'll give you the detail on the offer and share the link below.
We will cycle through reader's links to try to make sure you always have one available to you. If one isn't working please let us know in the ToP Facebook Group. Also, if you have a 150K link of your own, and would like to share it, I'll give you details on how to do that below. Remember, this is a card that is best for people over Chase 5/24. It is not a card you get when starting out on this journey.
**The links in this article have been collected independently by Travel on Point(s). They are reader's personal referrals.
150K Amex Platinum Offer Details
Here are the details for the 150K Amex Platinum offer:
- Earn 150,000 Membership Rewards after spending $5,000 within the first 3 months of card membership.
- The $695 annual fee is NOT waived
- Reader referral link
This is 70,000 points higher than the standard welcome offer of 80,000 points after $8,000 of spend. You can read our full review of the card here.
If you choose to apply, remember that Amex typically will not approve you for more than two Amex credit cards during a 90-day period. They also have a 10 card limit on the colored Membership Rewards earning cards (of which this is one). Those numbers include personal and business cards. This is separate from the 5 card limit on credit cards.
Due to the new family rule, you should follow our application guidance found here. The order of Amex Membership Rewards applications now matters and you need to strategize what card to open and when! Grabbing this before the Amex Gold card could eliminate your chances on that card.
Amex also has a once per lifetime welcome offer rule on each card. This is more like every 5 – 7 years in reality though, and not actually your lifetime. That timeline is based off of when you last held a card, not when you last earned a welcome offer on the product though. If you are ineligible for the welcome offer for any reason American Express will usually let you know that with a pop-up before the application is processed. You can cancel the application at this time with no hard pull.
Amex Platinum Earning Structure
The 150K Amex Platinum offer is a great one, but what about earning on your spend? Here is the card's earning structure:
- 5x points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel
- On up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year
- 5x points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- 1x on all other eligible charges
- Reader referral link
Amex Platinum Card Benefits
Here are some notable Amex Platinum card benefits. For more details on each, be sure to check out our full card review.
- Uber Cash – $200 per year (broken up monthly)
- Lounge access
- Airline incidental credit – $200 per calendar year
- FHR/Hotel Collection credit – $200 per calendar year
- CLEAR Plus – $189 per year
- Gobal Entry Credit
- Streaming / Walmart+ / Saks / Equinox credits (more detail on each)
- Select hotel status
Share Your Own 150K Amex Platinum Personal Referrals
Are you a member of the ToP Facebook Group and have a personal referral to share? Great! There are just a few things we need to go over first.
- To add your link to the list of referrals you must be an active member in the ToP Facebook Group.
- You also must have a direct link referral to The Platinum Card from American Express that has the 150,000 Membership Rewards point welcome offer.
- No links to other cards that can be redirected to the Amex Platinum etc.
- Also, if you try to sneak in a link for less than 150,000 points thinking we will not catch it, rest assured we will.
- Please respect our time, the process and our willingness to give reader's points and only share usable links.
- Failure to follow these rules can lead to and end to this program or a ban from the group, or both.
150K Amex Platinum Offer: ToP Thoughts
The 150K Amex Platinum offer is an amazing offer for those over Chase 5/24. Just remember that with the new family rules you don't want to jump the line and get this one first though. You should start with the Amex Green card first, then grab the Amex Gold and THEN grab this. That is because of the Platinum family and Gold family rules. You shouldn't worry about any of them until you get your Chase cards squared away though.
If you pass all of those tests then enjoy your bonus points plus a card that has a great earning structure. Plus you get the plus of knowing that you helped out a ToP reader using their referral link. If you have one of your own then please share it with us. Just remember to follow the simple rules laid out above.