Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card Review
The Quidget_DLbizPlat is Amex's mid-tier option for its Delta co-branded business cards. This card offers benefits and perks that should make the annual fee worth it for most Delta frequent flyers. In our Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card review we will look at the welcome offer, earning structure, card perks and share our overall thoughts.
Current Welcome Offer
The Quidget_DLbizPlat currently comes with the following welcome offer:
- Quidget_DLbizPlat_Bonus Terms Apply.
- This card has an annual fee of annual_fees and it is NOT waived the first year. See Rates and Fees
Amex Application Rules
If you choose to apply, remember that Amex typically will not approve you for more than two Amex credit cards during a 90-day period. They also have a limit of 5 credit cards per person, of which this is one. There is also a 10 card limit on the colored Membership Rewards earning cards (of which this is not one of).
Amex also has a once per lifetime welcome offer rule on each card. This is more like every 5 – 7 years in reality though, and not actually your lifetime. That timeline is based off of when you last held a card, not when you last earned a welcome offer on the product though. If you are ineligible for the welcome offer for any reason American Express will usually let you know that with a pop-up before the application is processed. You can cancel the application at this time with no hard pull.
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card Review: Earning Structure
The Quidget_DLbizPlat has the following earning structure:
- 3x Skymiles per dollar on purchases made directly with Delta
- 3x Skymiles per dollar on purchases made directly with hotels
- 1.5x Skymiles per dollar on purchases of $5,000 or more, up to 50,000 additional miles per calendar year
- 1x Skymiles per dollar on other eligible purchases
Delta Platinum Business Card Benefits
The Quidget_DLbizPlat offers the following benefits:
- First checked bag free
- Main Cabin 1 priority boarding
- 15% discount on award bookings (not applicable to partner-operated flights or to taxes and fees)
- 20% back as a statement credit for Delta in-flight purchases
- The ability to earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) towards elite status after you spend $25,000 through December 31, 2023, up to twice a year
- Effective January 1, 2024, this benefit will no longer be available, and there will be a new way to earn toward Medallion Status with the Card. Learn more at delta.com/skymilesprogramchanges.
- A companion certificate for main cabin round-trip each year upon card renewal (plus taxes and fees of up to $80)
- Delta Sky Club access at a rate of $50 per person per visit for the primary cardholder and up to 2 guests or immediate family when flying together on Delta (Effective 1/1/24, this benefit will no longer be available.)
- TSA Precheck ($85) or Global Entry ($100) fee statement credit every 4.5 years
- No foreign transaction fees (Rates & Fees)
The Quidget_DLbizPlat offers all the benefits of the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card and then some. But with the changes to Delta's loyalty program taking effect on January 1, 2024, the card's benefits that help you earn elite status will take a serious hit.
Since Delta will no longer require earning Medallion Qualification Miles for status, the ability to earn up to 20,000 MQMs with this card towards status will no longer be relevant as of January 1, 2024. Until then, the 20,000 MQMs you can earn with this card are almost half of the 50,000 MQMs required for Gold status.
The earning structure leaves a bit to be desired and lags compared to the personal card counterpart. The priority boarding and free checked bag will be meaningful perks to many frequent Delta flyers, but it can be had at a lower annual fee.
As a reminder, this card does not count against your Chase 5/24 status since it is a business card.
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card Review: ToP Thoughts
The Quidget_DLbizPlat will no longer be very helpful towards earning elite status with Delta in light of the changes to the SkyMiles program taking effect January 1, 2024. The card still offers many perks for Delta flyers, like first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 priority boarding. But even paid access to Delta Sky Club will no longer be available through this card effective January 1, 2024.