The Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express Card offers a solid bargain for Delta frequent flyers. This business card has a $99 annual fee but offers good perks for Delta fans. The card does not offer Sky Club access or any boost towards status, but the benefits should still offset the card's annual fee.
The Delta SkyMiles Gold Business card current welcome offer has the ability to earn 50,000 Bonus Miles after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. The card has an annual fee of $99, which is waived for the first year.
The Delta SkyMiles Gold Business card earns 2 SkyMiles per dollar spent on the following categories:
- purchases made directly with Delta
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. shipping purchases
- dining at restaurants
The card also earns 1x on all other purchases.
The Delta SkyMiles Gold Business card offers the following benefits:
- First checked bag free
- Main Cabin 1 priority boarding
- 20% back as a statement credit for Delta in-flight purchases
- $100 Delta flight credit after you spend $10,000 on your card in a calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Baggage insurance plan: coverage of up to $1,250 for carry-on and up to $500 for checked baggage for lost, damaged, or stolen baggage (terms apply)
- Car rental loss and damage insurance: you can be covered for damage to or theft of a rental vehicle when you use your card to reserve and pay for the entire rental and decline the collision damage waiver at the rental company counter (terms apply)
The Delta SkyMiles Gold Business card offers solid benefits for a low annual fee of $99. The first checked bag alone can more than cover the annual fee if you use this perk enough. Delta charges $30 for a first checked bag. Main Cabin 1 priority boarding is also a nice benefit for a basic airline card. This perk has you board with Delta Silver Medallion members and elite members from other SkyTeam partner airlines, and ahead of main cabin passengers.
Unlike the Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card (review) or the Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Card (review), the Gold Business card does not help you reach elite status with Delta any faster. The card does not offer any bonuses to obtain Medallion Qualification Miles any faster, nor does it offer a Medallion Qualification Dollars waiver. Those looking for more robust perks to help obtain Delta elite status should look to the Platinum Business or the Reserve Business cards.
The card's current sign-up bonus is a good deal given the relatively low minimum spend amount. But it's worth remembering that not all miles are created equally, and transferable currencies are generally more valuable than airline miles. Nonetheless, Delta SkyMiles can offer some great value if used during sales, deals, or the right airports.
The Delta SkyMiles Gold Business card is a solid low-annual fee card for frequent Delta flyers. However, the card does not offer any Sky Club access or any boost towards elite status. But the card's perks and benefits, such as first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 priority boarding, can more than offset the $99 annual fee for most Delta travelers.