10x Earning On Southwest Purchases
There is an interesting promo going on this week for Southwest cardholders that will give them 10x earning on Southwest purchases. I am guessing Southwest wants to ramp up some spending and Chase was happy to help out. Let's take a look at the offer and some ideas on what you can do.
Earn 10 total points per $1 spent on Southwest purchases with your Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card from 6/12-6/18/2023, up to $500.
You need to register for the promotion before completing the required spend.
- To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must register between 6/12/2023 and 6/18/2023 11:59 p.m. ET.
- During the seven-day promotional period of 6/12/2023 from 12:00:00 AM ET to 6/18/2023 at 11:59 PM E.T. you will qualify and earn a total of 10 points for each $1 spent with any Rapid Rewards® Credit Card, on up to $500.00 in total purchases, made directly with Southwest Airlines®, including flight, inflight, Southwest® gift card, Rapid Rewards Points Center, and on Southwest Vacations® packages (“Qualifying Purchases”).
- That's 8 bonus points on top of the 2 points already earned on Qualifying Purchases made with the Rapid Rewards Plus or Employee Credit Cards or 7 bonus points on top of the 3 points already earned on Qualifying Purchases made with a Rapid Rewards Priority or Premier Credit Card, or 6 bonus points on top of the 4 points already earned on Qualifying Purchases made with a Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card or 9 bonus points made with any remaining Rapid Rewards Credit Cards.
- The bonus points will count towards Companion Pass® but will not count towards A-List or A-List Preferred qualification.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after the end of the Promotional Period for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards account.
- All Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Cards are eligible.
Options For This Offer & Why Most May Want To Pass
If you have some Southwest flights upcoming that you were going to pay cash for anyway then this is an easy win. If not, there is still hope for you. Southwest lists gift cards in the terms so you can lock in $500 in future Southwest flights and net 5,000 points for the purchase. That is about $70 back in points or about 14% off to total cost. That is a pretty decent discount if you know you will use that gift card for a flight in the near future.
This is even better if you are chasing the Companion Pass since the points will count towards those requirements.
10x Earning On Southwest Purchases: ToP Thoughts
If you are a Southwest cardholder and have some future Southwest flights you were going to pay cash for anyway then you might as well rack up these 5,000 easy points. Whether that means booking the flight now or buying a gift card to maximize the deal a little down the road it is good that you have options. If you are unsure if you would use the gift card in the next few months then I would probably skip it. The cost to carry that gift card will quickly eat into the 14% savings you got by buying it.
Let me know what your thoughts are on this offer over in the ToP Facebook Group.