Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card ReviewThe Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card is Marriott's only co-branded business credit card. This card offers enough benefits to offset its $125 annual fee for most people and could be a long term keeper for you. In our Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card review we will look at the welcome offer, earning structure, card perks plus share our thoughts.
Bonvoy Business Card's Current Welcome OfferThe Marriott Bonvoy Business Card's current welcome offer is the following:
- Earn 125,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $8,000 in purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Terms Apply
- The $125 annual fee is NOT waived (Rates & Fees)
American Express Application RulesIf you want a full overview of the American Express application rules then be sure to check out our guide on all issuers. We will highlight some of the bigger ones here.
- Amex has a once per lifetime welcome offer restriction (outside of targeted no lifetime language offers of which this is not one).
- American Express defines once per lifetime loosely and it is in effect 5-7 years.
- This is since you last held the card, NOT when you last earned a welcome offer. So upgrades and downgrades count against you too.
- American Express only allows you to have 5 of their credit cards at one time.
- Cards without a finite limit do not count against this rule and have their own, and separate, 10 card limit.
- Amex has a 2/90 rule, where it will not approve you for more than two Amex cards during a 90-day period.
- American Express may deny you a welcome offer for any reason but will inform you of that before performing your credit with a pop-up window telling you are not eligible for this offer.
Marriott-Specific Application RulesOn top of the American Express rules there are Marriott Bonvoy card specific application rules that apply to this card. Review our Marriott eligibility chart here.
Welcome offer not available to applicants who:
- (i) have or have had the Marriott Bonvoy® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Business® Credit Card from Chase, or the Marriott Rewards® Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 30 days,
- (ii) have acquired the Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card from Chase, in the last 90 days
- (iii) received a new Card Member bonus offer in the last 24 months on the Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card from Chase, or the Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card from Chase.
Bonvoy Business Review: Card Earning RateThe Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business Card earns bonus points in the following categories:
- Earn 6x Marriott Bonvoy Points on each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy® program.
- Earn 4x in the following categories
- Restaurants worldwide
- U.S. gas stations
- Wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- Earn 2x on all other eligible purchases
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card Review: Card Benefits
The Bonvoy Business Card's benefits include:
- A free night award worth up to 35,000 points annually (you can top the award off with up to 15,000 points)
- No foreign transaction fees (Rates & Fees)
- A free night award worth up to 35,000 points when you spend $60,000 on the card in a calendar year
- 15 elite nights toward status annually
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold status