Marriott Stay 2 Nights Earn A Free Night
There is a new Marriott stay 2 nights earn a free night promo that I thought people would be interested in. This is a targeted offer, and Derrick was lucky enough to get one of them. I'll go through where to check for this offer plus go over all of the details of the offer below.
Offer Details & Terms
The offers are coming via an email. Here is the email subject line: It's Been A While, (Your Name) – Let's Change That…
These are the pertinent Marriott stay 2 nights earn a free night offer details:
- Registered members can earn one (1) Free Night Award valued at 35,000 Points after their second (2nd) eligible paid stay during the Promotion’s earning period (the “Promotion”).
- A “stay” is defined as one or more consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity, on any Points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).
- Award redemption nights including Points redemption, Cash + Points, or Free Night Awards redemption are not eligible for the Promotion.
- Only one room per property is counted toward a registered member’s stays for the Promotion. Credit toward this Promotion is given for stays consumed at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties that occur within the Earning Period. The Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for this Promotion.
- For a list of current participating Marriott Bonvoy properties, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#participatingpropertiesandbrands.
- Earning period starts the same day after the member registers and continues through the end of the month, plus an additional two (2) months (the “Earning Period”).
- The Free Night Award will be added to the member's account within three to five (3–5) business days after your second (2nd) qualifying stay, and is valid for six (6) months from the date of issuance.
- Members are able to redeem or purchase up to 15,000 Points to expand the value of such Free Night Award.
Marriott Stay 2 Nights Earn A Free Night: ToP Thoughts
While this Marriott stay 2 nights earn a free night promo sounded really great initially, I am pretty lukewarm on it overall. The Marriott 35K certs are just not worth anywhere close to what they once were. Maybe if you have 15K in points to ToP them off, then you are getting around what you could get with them in the past. I don't love that only cash stays count for these promotions. That is something Hyatt does really well with their promos, even if they don't do all things well. It also stinks that it requires two stays instead of two nights. That means two one night stays, at different hotels, is the way to go to trigger this one.
When you put all of that together it makes this offer not worth chasing in my opinion. If you already have planned travel that would work for it, then great, but if not, I wouldn't go out of my way for it.
Let me know if you were targeted for this one over in the ToP Facebook Group.