Hyatt Double Points Promo
If it seems like Hyatt just keeps rolling out the promos this year, that is because they have. Some have been great, and others have been kind of meh. This one falls in the latter bucket but should still be useful to many. The new Hyatt double points promo includes over 400 hotels scattered across Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
Hyatt Double Points Promo Details
Earn double points starting with your second qualifying stay at participating hotels in Europe, Africa, the Middle East & Asia Pacific.
As you discover new horizons, reward your spirit of adventure. Register to earn double points, up to 25,000 points, starting with your second qualifying stay at 400+ participating hotels in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
Register by July 31, 2023, and then complete your qualifying stays between July 1 and September 15, 2023, to unlock your rewards.
Notable Offer Terms
- Beginning on your second Eligible Stay after registration and during the Promotion Period, you will receive double points per Eligible Stay at participating Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) properties, and Lindblad expeditions in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific.
- A maximum of 25,000 Bonus Points may be earned under this promotion.
- For a property to be participating in the promotion, it needs to be participating in World of Hyatt at the time of the member’s stay.
- Only base points are doubled.
- If a member chooses to earn Bonus Miles or MGM Rewards tier credits, the bonus will be awarded in World of Hyatt Bonus Points.
- For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Stay” is defined as any stay where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award.
- For purposes of this promotion, consecutive nights at the same hotel constitute one stay (even if you check out and check back in).
- Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this promotion.
- Please allow two to three weeks after checkout for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Except as expressly stated, this promotion is not valid with other offers, promotions or discounts.
- Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers.
I have a stay on September 15, 2023 with a checkout on September 16, 2023. Will the stay count towards the promotion?
No, only stays completed during the Promotion Period will count towards the promotion.
I have registered for the promotion and have a stay on June 30, 2023 with a checkout on July 1, 2023. Will the stay count towards the promotion?
Yes, all Eligible Stays with a checkout date during the Promotion Period will count towards the promotion.
Are there any restrictions on the form of payment in order to participate in this promotion?
Eligible methods of payment include cash, Points + Cash, check, or major credit cards or debit/bank cards. Eligible methods of payment exclude, without limitation, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates.
In order for a member to earn points, the bill for qualifying charges must be in that member’s name and the member must personally pay for all charges. If a member’s night is charged back to a Master Account, the night will not be considered qualifying and will not count as an eligible night or be eligible towards earning in the promotion.
Hyatt Double Points Promo: ToP Thoughts
Hyatt seems to be falling in love with the first stay does not count terms for their promos. That means booking a one night stay during the promo period first is the best way to go about it. You would do this so you aren't losing bonus points on multiple nights etc. if you have a longer stay as your first promo booking.
I find it interesting that free night awards are listed under approved payments but are not listed in the FAQ section under payments. Maybe that is leftover verbiage from a previous promo? I had thought room charges might work and that is why it was listed but they are on the exclusions list in the FAQ. If that is actually how the IT works remains to be seen though (I am skeptical).
Be sure to activate the promo because you just never know if you'll use it. Hopefully some of you out there have some stays that will work nicely with this although the 25K points cap isn't the best.
HT: Ken F.