Expedia Amex Offer
There is a new Expedia Amex Offer that dropped this week people may find of interest. This is best used on non chain hotels since booking through Expedia means you won't earn points, or be able to use your status, on your hotel stay. That is because Expedia is an OTA and a third party booking agent. But, if you have a non chain stay upcoming you may want to look at this option. It could save you some money versus booking direct and Expedia does have some Airbnb like options available at times too. This is a targeted offer so be sure to check all your Amex cards and add it to the one you want to use the offer on. Since you can not add it to multiple cards.
Here are the details of the Expedia Amex offer:
Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $100 or more to make prepaid hotel (“pay online now”) purchases online only at expedia.com/amex by 8/27/2023.
- Enrollment limited.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer valid for pre-paid hotel purchases made online through the following link www.expedia.com/amex using the pre-paid option at checkout (“pay online now”) only.
- Excludes “pay at property” purchases and purchases made over the phone.
- Excludes cruises, vacation packages, flights, car rental and activities, trip insurance and other 3rd party brands.
- American Express identifies qualifying transactions based on information provided by the participating merchant. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/27/2023, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- The enrolled Card account must be active, not past due, canceled, or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the statement credit.
Expedia Amex Offer: ToP Thoughts
If you have an upcoming stay where this would work then it is worth checking for the offer. Be sure to check the price on Expedia versus booking with the hotel directly. I assume they will be around the same price but Expedia offers the possibility to use a cashback portal plus the $20 Amex Offer. That will likely push Expedia over the top in terms of value. It is still worth comparing to see if it is really the best deal.
I saw the Expedia Amex Offer on a few of my cards which makes me hopeful it is pretty widely targeted. Just be sure to add it so if they hit their cap you already have it saved before they pull it. There are no guarantees it will still be there if you go back to use it in the future and hadn't already added the offer.