Chase Sapphire Preferred 90,000 Point Offer
To think, people were excited about the highly targeted 80,000 point Chase Sapphire Preferred offer I wrote about last month. If that got your blood pumping then this is gonna knock your socks off! Doctor of Credit got their hands on some Chase documents that show there will be a Chase Sapphire Preferred 90,000 point offer coming in the near future. There is a catch on this one, it will be an in branch offer only … at least at first.
We have reports that this offer is in fact live in branches. You may want to call ahead to set up an appointment time with a banker and avoid a long wait. Even more than that, you may want to sit on your hands for a bit anyway and wait to apply for a couple of different reasons. Usually when an offer goes live in branch it ends up following online a little while (a few weeks) later. We have seen this happen in the past and I wouldn’t be surprised if that is the case here too.
This could be notable for a few reasons:
- If it ends up online that usually means it will be added as the refer a friend offer. If you are in a two player system then it could make the offer any sweeter with the referral bonus.
- Another reason to wait could be to avoid the headache of going in branch, especially if you don’t live close to a Chase branch. If you happen to live outside of their radius then waiting for the online offer is pretty much your only option anyway.
- It isn’t likely that this offer goes away anytime soon, since it just launched, so it can make sense to see how if shakes out before jumping on it. That is unless you have a big purchase coming or need the points for a booking etc.
If you want to go the branch route it is probably best to set up an appointment to speed up the application process in branch and avoid waiting for a banker. You can do that here.
CSP 90K Offer Details
Per a memo to Chase bankers this offer will be available in branch starting on March 19th:
- Earn 80,000 points after $4,000 in spend within the first three months of card membership.
- Earn an additional 10,000 bonus points after spending $6,000 within the first 6 months of card membership.
- The $95 annual fee is NOT waived
Chase Application Rules
Like other Chase cards, you will not qualify for this card if you have opened more than 5 credit cards with any bank in the last 24 months. You also can not receive the welcome offer on this card if you have earned one on ANY Sapphire product in the past 48 months. You also can not be carrying another Sapphire product at the time of your application. This includes the Chase Sapphire® Reserve and the no fee Sapphire product that is only available via downgrade.
Card Earning Rates
Here are the earning rates for the Chase Sapphire Preferred:
- 5X on travel when purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal (excluding hotel purchases that qualify for the $50 Annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit).
- 3X on
- Eligible delivery services
- Online grocery (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- Select streaming services
- 2X on other travel purchases.
- 1X on everything else
Here are some of the better benefits the card offers:
- Get 10% anniversary bonus on points earned each year on the cardholders anniversary.
- Get a $50 annual credit on hotel stays purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver.
- This benefit provides reimbursement for damage due to collision or theft up to the actual cash value of most rental vehicles. Since the CSP’s coverage is primary, you do not have to file a claim with any other party before you can receive coverage under this benefit.
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance coverage.
- If your trip is cut short or interrupted by sickness, severe weather and other covered situations, you can receive reimbursement for prepaid, nonrefundable travel expenses on up to $10,000 per person and $20,000 per trip.
- Baggage delay insurance.
- If your checked bag is delayed by more than six hours, the CSP provides reimbursement for up to $100 per day for up to five days for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing.Same page link to Offer DetailsSame page link to Offer Detailslink to Offer DetailsSame page link to Offer Details Same page link to Offer DeSame page link to Offer Details
Chase Sapphire Preferred 90,000 Point Offer: ToP Thoughts
If you had your eyes on this card then it makes sense to wait a few weeks to get this much better offer. If you don’t live near a branch / hate in person applications then hopefully this offer comes out online a few weeks later. Sometimes they will have slightly different offers, like a waived annual fee in branch, but I can’t remember the spread ever being 30,000 points. We will have to wait and see what they do this time around.
If you are debating between this and the Chase Ink offers that are going away soon, I would grab the Ink offers first and then grab this a little while later. Since this offer is just launching it should be around for a bit. And, if you earn the welcome offer on the Ink card(s) just have the points sit in your account until you get the Chase Sapphire Preferred 90,000 point offer and you can combine and unlock the points.