American Airlines Hotel Promotion
For all American Airlines enthusiasts, every single mile is precious. Whether chasing status or not, American Airlines miles are one of the hardest airline miles to earn. You earn American Airlines miles via credit card spend on co-branded cards, via Bilt Rewards, flying American Airlines and Oneworld partners, and via shopping and retail partners. However, a new American Airlines hotel promotion gives its loyalists an easy way to rack up more miles.
Reminder: There is a limited-time 100,000 AAdvantage Miles offer on American Airlines ToP card.
Details of the Promotion
For those targeted American Airlines members, you can earn various things for booking a hotel through the AAdvantage Hotels program. You must register by October 31, 2023. Offers we have seen thus far:
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles
- Earn 2,500 bonus miles
- Earn 5,000 bonus miles
- Earn 1 domestic Preferred Seat coupon
- Earn 1 domestic Main Cabin Extra seat
Note: as these are categorized as “bonus points,” you should NOT expect these to count as elite-qualifying loyalty points. However, in reality, this might not be the case.
Terms & Conditions of the American Airlines Hotel Promotion
If your account is targeted, please know the following terms & conditions:
- you must register before booking a stay through the AAdvantage Hotels program
- you must book a stay through the AAdvantage Hotels program no later than October 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM CDT
- check-in at the hotel must occur no later than October 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM CDT
- offer valid for stays between July 25, 2023 and October 31, 2023 at 11:59 CDT
- bonus miles are deposited within 10 business days after completion of the promotion
- all miles earned are bonus miles
- bonus miles are awarded for a single eligible AAdvantage Hotels stay during this promotional period
- Only paid, non-mileage redemption stays are eligible (i.e. cash fares)
American Airlines Hotel Promotion: ToP Thoughts
While this promotion is not earth-shattering, it is an easy opportunity for some bonus miles. While ToP rarely recommends booking via online travel agencies, which the AAdvantage Hotels platform is, it makes sense for one-off stays at non-chain hotels. Using the AAdvantage Hotels platform also makes sense if you find great points-earning opportunities while chasing American Airlines status. Overall, if you are targeted and have a stay that works, it is an easy opportunity for up to 5,000 American Airlines miles.
Are you targeted? Do you have any questions about the promotion? Did you complete the promotion and earn loyalty points? Come over to our Facebook group and let us know.