Each member of the ToP team has different spending habits and travel goals. Here is a look inside our wallets. We explain how we use each card and why we value it. Limited time offers and promotions can affect which cards make it into our wallets, as we explain below. If there's one common theme here is that we're almost always working on meeting minimum spend to earn a new sign-up bonus.
- Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card: I opened this card when the sign-up bonus included 2x elite night credits per night, which is helping me earn Globalist status faster. I am currently working on meeting this card's minimum spend of $5,000. After that, I'll spend another $5,000 since the card earns 5 elite nights for every $10,000 in spend.
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: I am working towards spending $15,000 in this card to earn a free night reward that can be used at nearly all Hilton properties.
- CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard: I have been carrying this card in my wallet for most of the year as I'm working towards earning American Airlines elite status. AA has the most convenient routes for my work travel and a lot of my personal travel, so AA elite status has been helpful for me this year. This is a good card for those looking to earn AA miles without taking up a 5/24 slot.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred: I use this card to charge at least a portion of any travel bookings to take advantage of the card's excellent travel protection benefits.
- Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express: I opened this card after receiving a targeted offer for 50,000 MRs (+10,000 for adding an authorized user). I am still working on meeting this minimum spend while earning 2x on every purchase on up to $50,000 per year.
- Citi Premier: I carry this card for unlimited 3x at grocery stores and gas stations. Carrying the Citi Premier and Citi Double Cash makes it incredibly easy to earn bonus Citi ThankYou Points with every purchase.
- Citi Double Cash Card: This is my everyday spend card when not working towards minimum spend. This card earns unlimited 2x ThankYou Points on all purchases.
- Chase Ink Business Cash: I use this card for 5x at office supply stores on up to $25,000 per year.
- American Express Gold Card: I use this card for all my purchases at U.S. supermarkets (4x MRs) (on up to $25,000 per year) and at restaurants (4x).
- American Express Gold Card: I am currently working on a retention offer for this card. But I usually carry this card anyway for the 4x bonus MRs at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year) and restaurants.
- Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card: This is my newest card and I am finishing off the minimum spend on it. I will also keep it in my wallet for all of Hyatt stays.
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Business Card: When not working towards a new sign-up bonus, I put spend on this card throughout the year to help me keep Delta status.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred: This card never leaves my wallet. I book all my travel with this card to benefit from the card's excellent travel protection benefits.
- Chase Ink Business Cash: I always keep this card on hand to earn 5x at office supply stores until I hit the annual cap of $25,000.
- * Chase Freedom Flex: I linked this card to my PayPal account to earn 5x on this quarter's bonus category (Walmart and PayPal). But since it's linked to my PayPal account, I don't actually need to carry it in my wallet!
- Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card: This is my newest card and I'm working on meeting the minimum spend.
- American Express Gold Card: I received a retention offer for this card after the annual fee posted, so I'm working on the retention offer while maximizing the card's 4x earning potential at restaurants worldwide.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred: This is my card for booking travel and for online grocery shopping. The card earns 3x per dollar for online groceries, and has some of the best travel protection benefits out of any credit card.
- Chase Freedom Flex: I am working on this quarter's bonus category (Walmart and PayPal) to earn 5x on up to $1,500 spent.
- Citi Double Cash Card: This is my everyday spend card when not working towards minimum spend. 2x ThankYou Points on all purchases with no annual cap and no annual fee.
- Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express: I am working on meeting the minimum spend for this new card, which had a targeted offer for 75,000 MRs.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred: I keep this in my wallet for when I need to book travel. I charge at least part of my trip to this card so I can qualify for the card's travel protection benefits.
- American Express (Rose) Gold Card: I always carry this card so I can earn 4x at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 per year) and restaurants.
- Chase Ink Business Cash: I am still working on this maximizing this card's $25,000 annual cap for 5x at office supply stores.
The beauty of traveling on points is that we can each carry different cards for different reasons. Each member of the ToP team reviewed their individual spending habits and travel goals to determine the cards that add maximum value for them. You may notice common trends among the cards that we carry but plenty of differences too.
What do you think of each of our selections? Come share your thoughts in our Facebook group!