In the longest year in the history of mankind, we're headed to month #11! It's officially falling, we're lining up our Thanksgiving travel plans (or not), and it is time to prepare for the end of the year! With that in mind, here are a few end-of-the-month reminders of expiring credits and/or limited-time offers to consider (and possibly complete) before November 1.
- Bonvoy & Bonvoy Brilliant: [Targeted] Up to 10x on spend at U.S. gas stations, U.S. restaurants, and on eligible spend at Bonvoy properties, up to $7,500 in each category, through 10/31/20.
- Delta personal cards: [Targeted] 4x at U.S. Restaurants (including takeout and delivery) and 5x on Delta purchases. Additionally, earn 500 MQMs and 500 miles for each $1,000 in purchases, up to 25,000 MQMs and 25,000 miles, through 12/31/20.
- Gold: $10 monthly dining credit.
- Green: $10 monthly wireless service credit (2020 only).
- Hilton Aspire & Surpass: [Targeted] Earn 1,000 base points per $1,000 spend, up to 30 times through 12/31/20. Also, spend $5,000 and earn a free weekend night certificate, which are now good for any night of the week.
- Platinum: $15 Uber/UberEats credit; $20 monthly wireless service credit (2020 only); $20 monthly streaming service credit (2020 only); $50 Saks Fifth Avenue credit before 12/31/20.
- Business Platinum: $20 monthly wireless service credit (2020 only); $20 monthly credit for shipping charges (2020 only); $100 extra Dell credits ($200 total) by 12/31/20.
- Freedom: 5x on up to $1,500 at PayPal and Walmart through 12/31/2020.
- Freedom Flex: 5x on up to $1,500 at PayPal and Walmart through 12/31/2020.
- Sapphire Preferred: prepare for 2x on groceries beginning on 11/1/20 (up to $1,000 per month).
- Sapphire Reserve: $60 in DoorDash credits by 12/31/20; prepare for 3x on groceries beginning on 11/1/20 (up to $1,000 per month).
- Pay Yourself Back: Through 4/30/21, use Ultimate Rewards via a CSR (1.5 cents per point) or CSP (1.25 cents per point) to redeem purchases made in the last 90 days at grocery and home improvement stores and for restaurants. CIBP (1.25 cents per point) to redeem purchases made in the last 90 days at shipping, online advertising, and charitable contributions expenses. Freedom/Freedom Flex/CFU (1.25 cents per point) to redeem purchases made in the last 90 days at limited charitable organizations.
- It: 5% cash-back at walmart.com, amazon.com and target.com, on up to $1,500 spend through 12/31/20.
- Venture & VentureOne: Use your miles to redeem purchases for restaurants (including takeout & delivery) and streaming services through 12/31/20.
- Spark Miles & Spark Miles Select: Use your miles to redeem purchases for restaurants (including takeout & delivery) and eligible wireless phone service providers through 12/31/20.
While not everyone has all of these cards, and most cannot possibly spend enough money at the grocery store each month to maximize each limited-time bonus, it is important to weigh your options and prioritize your spend. If you have a CSR and/or a Freedom/Freedom Flex, I would maximize those cards at 5x Ultimate Rewards, which are worth 2 or more cents each (for a total return of 10% or more) over any other cards. Also, do not forget to maximize the various streaming/shipping/mobile phone credits by paying your bill with the appropriate card or splitting the bill over each card that has a credit. As always, come join us in our Facebook group to discuss more ways to earn points and save money.