Blink and you missed it. January 2021 is almost over. Here are a few end of the month reminders of expiring credits and/or limited-time offers to consider (and possibly complete) before February 1.
- Gold: $10 monthly dining credit.
- Platinum: $15 Uber/UberEats monthly credit; $30 PayPal credit monthly January-June 2021; $50 Saks Fifth Avenue credit by 6/30/21; [Targeted] $100 off $100+ at Dell through 1/31/21.
- Business Platinum: [Targeted] +4x, up to 80,000 Membership Rewards per category for shipping, wireless telephone service, advertising, office supplies, and gas stations.
- Freedom: 5x on up to $1,500 at select streaming services, internet/cable/phone services and wholesale clubs.
- Freedom Flex: 5x on up to $1,500 select streaming services, internet/cable/phone services, and wholesale clubs.
- Sapphire Preferred: 2x on groceries each month through April 30, 2021 (up to $1,000 per month). $60 statement credit for Peloton through 12/31/21.
- Sapphire Reserve: $60 in DoorDash credits by 12/31/21; 3x on groceries each month through April 30, 2021 (up to $1,000 per month). $120 statement credit for Peloton through 12/31/21.
- Most co-branded Chase Cards(except Hyatt): [Targeted] 5x, up to $1,500 total, through 3/31/21 at grocery stores, gas stations, and drugstores. Check your eligibility and your specific offer here.
- Pay Yourself Back: Through 4/30/21, use Ultimate Rewards via a CSR (1.5 cents per point) or CSP (1.25 cents per point) to redeem purchases made in the last 90 days at grocery and home improvement stores and for restaurants. CIBP (1.25 cents per point) to redeem purchases made in the last 90 days at shipping, online advertising, and charitable contributions expenses. Freedom/Freedom Flex/CFU (1.25 cents per point) to redeem purchases made in the last 90 days at limited charitable organizations.
- Premier, Prestige & Citi AAdvantage Platinum: [Targeted] 5x on up to 2,500 points through 1/31/21 at grocery stores, drugstores, gas stations, mass transit and commuter transportation vendors.
- It: 5% cash-back up to $1,500 spend in Q1 2021 at CVS, Walgreens, and grocery stores.
- Venture & VentureOne: Use your miles to redeem purchases for restaurants (including takeout & delivery) and streaming services through 4/30/20.
- Spark Miles & Spark Miles Select: Use your miles to redeem purchases for restaurants (including takeout & delivery) and eligible wireless phone service providers through 4/30/21.
While not everyone has all of these cards, and most cannot possibly spend enough money at the grocery store each month to maximize each limited-time bonus, it is important to weigh your options and prioritize your spend. If you have a CSR and/or a Freedom/Freedom Flex, I would maximize those cards at 3x or 5x Ultimate Rewards, which are worth 2 or more cents each (for a total return of 10% or more) over any other cards. Also, do not forget to maximize the various streaming/shipping/mobile phone credits by paying your bill with the appropriate card or splitting the bill over each card that has a credit. As always, come join us in our Facebook group to discuss more ways to earn points and save money.